Sunday, April 4, 2010

" What are some words that describe me? I am ambititous. I am determined. I am persistant. I am not the stereotype. I am unique. I am the conductor of my destiny. Most of all, I am me. An individual."

That was a quote I came up with a little while ago. It represents me perfectly. I don't like to be like anyone else. It is true that I like celebrity's style [ie. Rihanna, Teyana Taylor, Kelis & many others.] but I like to do my own thing. It is also true that I admire many artist's music [Such as Pharrell, Timberland etc.] but I like to make my own music. All I want to be is an individual.

I look at the people out now who like to steal others' identity & I don't think it's cool. It's ok to be unique & do your own thing. A lot of people are trying to emulate Lady Gaga's style [ie. Nicki Minaj & Khia (In her latest video)] when Lady Gaga didn't even make up that style herself. A lot of guys are trying to wear skinny jeans like the New Boyz when The Cool Kids had that style first. [Personally, I like The Cool Kids a heckuva lot better]. I've even seen people try to steal what I do [like wearing things how I wear it.] One of the things about my style is I don't match but I coordinate my colors. People have been trying to copy that for years. Smh. I guess people just like to be imitations. I will tell you one thing though. When it comes to style & music, I WILL be a LEADER, never a FOLLOWER!

No comments:

Post a Comment